Pay homage to the year that was, and celebrate a fresh start in 2016 with fresh fruit morsels deliciously paired with our crisp, refreshing Enchanted Rock Vodka. These unique takes on decidedly adult snacks are a twist on New Year’s party classic cocktails. Mix it up and impress your loved ones with any of these three spiked fruit recipes that pack an understated punch.
ENCHANTED ROCK VODKA-INFUSED MELON BALLS
Start to finish: 2 hours 20 minutes
1 small watermelon
1 orange flesh melon* (or any other melon)
1 cup Enchanted Rock Vodka
1¼ cups pear juice
4 tablespoons coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
1 spring of fresh mint leaves (optional)
1 sprig of fresh basil (optional)
- Cut each melon in half and scrape out the seeds. Using a melon baller, scoop out melon balls. To make perfectly round balls, press the baller on the melon flesh a little before scooping. There will be some pieces towards the bottom that won’t be perfect, but that’s okay. They still taste fine! Mix all the melon balls in a big bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir the vodka and pear juice together. Add the sugar and stir until well combined.
- Remove the mint and basil leaves from the stem and place them in the bowl with the melons. Pour the vodka mixture over the melons and stir. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Give the melons another stir after an hour to make sure they’re covered in vodka. Refrigerate for at least another hour.
- Serve in small bowls or cups. If you want to refrigerate this overnight, be sure to dig out the mint and basil leaves first.
SPIKED FRUIT CUP
Start to finish: 2 hours
4 cups fruit, sliced or pitted if necessary
1/2 cup sugar
3 sprigs basil, plus leaves for garnish
1 1/2 cup Enchanted Rock Vodka
Juice of 1 lime
- Place fruit such as strawberries, raspberries, grapes, pears, and plums in a large bowl. Toss with sugar and basil sprigs.
- Stir in Enchanted Rock Vodka to cover fruit. Refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours, stirring a few times.
- To serve, remove basil sprigs, stir in lime juice and garnish with basil leaves.
CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY SHOT GLASSES
Start to finish: 2 to 3 hours
Enchanted Rock Vodka
Whipped cream (optional)
- Choose 20-30 medium or large sized strawberries. Soak the strawberries for a few hours in Enchanted Rock Vodka if desired.
- Cut the point off the strawberries so they can stand on their own. The melted chocolate will help form a little base later, which will make them even more stable.
- We recommend hulling out the strawberries using a paring knife and grapefruit spoon. Be careful not to make the walls of the strawberries too thin or they’ll break.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl and dip the bottom half of each strawberry in chocolate. Place them standing upright on wax paper on a flat surface. Don’t forget to pat strawberries dry before dipping in chocolate.
- Freeze the dipped strawberry cups for maximum sturdiness a few hours before use.
- Mix the Enchanted Rock Vodka, Godiva Liquor and a bit of chocolate syrup to taste.
- Remove the strawberries just before serving and fill them with the liquor mixture. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles for an extra special touch.
Need some more ideas for your New Year’s celebrations? Look through our free ebook for whiskey recipes to wet your whistle for every occasion.