Valentine’s Day is around the corner, so we have been perusing Pinterest to find a few creative ways to infuse whiskey while entertaining your honey at home. These recipes are easy on your wallet, but pack a punch to your pallet.
Make It Hot
Whiskey Sriracha Candy
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/8 cup corn syrup
1 tablespoon sriracha
1 tablespoon Rebecca Creek Whiskey
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional – it will give the candies a glassier appearance)
cooking spray, for the mold
- Grease a silicone heart mold with a little bit of cooking spray or coconut oil. Wipe out any extra oil with a paper towel.
- Combine the sugar, water and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Stir with a silicone spatula to combine, then heat over medium high heat.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan and insert the thermometer into the mixture, making sure it doesn’t touch the bottom of the pan.
- Watch carefully until it registers at 300 degrees. Remove it from the heat immediately.
- Mix the Sriracha,Rebecca Creek Whiskey and cream of tartar (optional) together in a small bowl. Then pour into the heated mixture with a silicon spatula slowly—it will steam and bubble immediately. Once it stops, pour the mixture into a glass measuring cup, then slowly pour the mixture into the compartments, filling them 3/4 full. You have to work very quickly during this step, as the mixture starts to gum up really fast.
- Allow the candies to fully harden before removing from the mold. Dust with a little powdered sugar on top if you want. Store in an airtight container.
- To get the stuck-on reside out of your pot and measuring cup, just soak them in hot water for 10-15 minutes, then wash as usual.
Cherry Whiskey Smash
1 ounce Rebecca Creek Whiskey
1 ounce cherry juice
1/2 ounce amaretto
1/2 ounce ginger brandy
2 ounces cherry cola
5 maraschino cherries
- Add cherries to the bottom of the glass and muddle until smashed. Add ice.
- In a cocktail shaker add Rebecca Creek Whiskey, cherry juice, amaretto and brandy, shaking for 15 seconds – to combine.
- Pour over ice, then top off with cherry cola and stir. Serve with additional cherries if desired.
Thirsty? Shop our online store for some Texas whiskey gear. Better yet, swing by the distillery for a tour and some samples.